All Foundations was appointed to provide piling for 10 no care homes on a new village site in Oxfordshire. After being appointed as the preferred piling contractor for the works, All Foundations put forward some valued engineering for constructing the complete foundations with our proprietary foundation system, Level Innovative Piled Slab (LIPS).
The design was very demanding with varying wall loads & heavy point loads. Each unit had to be designed on its own merit with the piling and RC slab.
The contract consisted of approximately 1200 piles and 6000m2 of RC slab. The village consisted of many lift pits, a swimming pool & buildings of various shapes & sizes. The challenge was the variable nature of the sub-soil, made ground overlying sands and limestone cobbles eventually founding on dense sandstone strata.
Our LIPS system provides what is a precise engineering product from the very start to the finished slab. We provide a 50mm thick blinding across the entire slab area.
this has excellent engineering advantages such as:
- An all weather working surface
- Precise cover for Steel Reinforcement
- Prevents excessive concrete for final slab thickness
- Easier/Safer access for placing all materials required for the build up of the slab
- Ensures the services and pop-ups stay in a secure position during the slab pour
- Provides a secure fixing for perimeter shuttering
Changes & add-on sections of slab were predominant and suited our “LIPS” product for this site, design had to be expedient and provided for approval to the Client without risk to schedule.